The Old Library is a 100% volunteer run project, so everyone can get involved, share skills, volunteer, learn and inspire others to do the same, whilst providing a relaxing and fun atmosphere for people of all ages and backgrounds to use.
We’re in need of volunteers for:
- Public Opening & cafe – Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Keyholders for opening/closing for weekend/evening bookings
- Gardening & event volunteers
Please get in touch ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you may be able to help!
The Old Library is a self-sufficient 100% volunteer & resident run community space in the South Lockleaze, Purdown and Eastville neighbourhood on Muller Road. This resident-led project has been built from the ground up by dedicated and passionate local people, designed for everyone and anyone to get involved, share skills, create, learn and inspire others to do the same, whilst providing a relaxing and fun atmosphere for people of all ages and backgrounds to use.
One year on after getting the keys to the former Eastville Library, The Old Library continues to rely 100% on the fantastic community spirit that has shone through in the past 12 months, and the wonderful hardworking volunteers that open the doors, keep the café running, run events and fundraising activities, carry out gardening and maintenance, manage finances & admin tasks, and help create a space that everyone can be proud to be a part of. . No single person gets any wage from the project, and though different people are involved for different reasons – whether for want to improve access to groups for their children, meet new friends or for the enjoyment of being involved in a grassroots project – the goal is the same for everyone; coming together as a community, and wanting to make a positive change.
There are some key roles we are looking to fill – can you offer a few hours a week to help with this amazing project?
- Be part of an Events & fundraising team – The Old Library would love to run more community events, music nights, family fun days and more, but need both those who would like to help on the days, but also passionate people with good ideas who can help lead the way and organise events! We have the Old Library Christmas party to organise in December – can you get involved with us?
- Café team – We are looking for additional members of the cafe team, who can volunteer either on a Wednesday (9:30 – 4:30pm) or Friday or Saturday (9:30-2:30pm). Hygiene & café training all provided, and scope to make it yours!