Volunteer kitchen porter role for The Old Library – a volunteer run & maintained community hub in the heart of the South Lockleaze & Purdown neighbourhood.
What will you be doing?
Maintain a clean kitchen environment by regularly cleaning (and disinfecting where necessary) utensils, Tableware (plates, bowls, glasses, cutlery…), food preparation areas, anything used to store or cook food, floor, cupboard and fridge/freezer doors.
Ensure ingredients are in date by employing good stock rotation (first in last out F.I.L.O.)
Support the Cook in:
- Maintaining these items where skill is present or flagging up to directors that items need repairing or replacing.)
- Preparing and cooking food to a high standard. (There will be informal training available by experienced cooks.)
- Cleaning the whole kitchen at the end of each shift and deep cleaning the kitchen once a month.
- Checking the condition of kitchen machines and utensils regularly, logging any changes or issues in the pack provided.
What are we looking for?
- Hold a Level two food hygiene certificate (the Old Library can help with obtaining this)
- Complete food allergy training
- Maintain good personal hygiene and time management
- Preferably first aid trained (but not essential)
- Any experience is very welcome
- Agree with the mission/aims of The Old Library
What difference will you make?
As a kitchen porter, you will be learning how to work in a kitchen in a low intensity friendly environment whilst providing essential help to the cook and delicious food for the community.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this role, outlining any relevant paid and unpaid experience, along with a few details about you and why you are interested in this role.