The Old Library, Eastville – a volunteer-based community project with Café, book swap, events, lounge, hire space, garden & playspace for the community, by the community. Run by the South Lockleaze & Purdown Neighbourhood Group C.I.C.
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help coordinate, and manage the volunteering roles, recruit new volunteers and ensure that volunteers are offered appropriate training and clear roles. This includes:
- Assess organisational and project needs to determine the number and range of volunteers needed for particular projects such as the Cafe, Building Management, Garden, Events etc
- Consult with colleagues to create written role descriptions for volunteer positions
- Support volunteer recruitment by advertising for available volunteer positions, meeting with candidates, and matching them with appropriate roles
- Update, prepare and present guidance materials for new volunteers, including handbooks, programmes, and equipment
- Update and – where required – create and distribute information regarding volunteer policies and procedures
- Support volunteers during their time at The Old Library and meet with volunteers where required
- Help arrange occasional training/team building sessions for volunteers
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts and assisting volunteers with their own endeavours
- Help facilitate communication among volunteers and the organisation in order to share news, progress, and available positions
- Maintain a GDPR compliant record of volunteers and projects
- Report back to the Directors on volunteer requirements and a proposed strategy to address these.
We are looking for people who can work on their own; demonstrate the ability to prioritise their workload; be self managing, and also experienced in relevant IT packages.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role, outlining any relevant paid and unpaid experience, along with a few details about you and why you are interested in this role.