Date/TimeDate(s) - 12/01/2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
On the second Saturday of every month, the Old Library invites everyone to join for a garden & outdoor community session to help transform the garden space, grow flowers and tend to beds, pick fruits and plant trees, mow lawns, rake leaves, create seating and sensory spaces, design walk throughs, work on new ideas for the community and learn lots of new skills together!
We are all volunteers and any ideas, skills or tools you can bring to the party is hugely appreciated. We have some plans in the pipeline, and all we need now are people to make them happen (though the plans can change if the people come along with other ideas too!)
Our first sessions have had just 3 or 4 wonderful & budding volunteers, so please recognise you will make a huge difference by coming along just a couple of hours a month and getting stuck in 🙂 You don’t need to know a thing, just the willingness to get involved in some kind of way! Suitable for all abilities.
In 2018, our plans included:
- Creating beds & growing plots, and planting hazel & willow
- Tending to and growing fruit and veg, and creating a beautiful front leading onto Muller Road
- Work on designing and creating the playground, creating a living fence
- Make the space accessible & safe
- Work on composting, learning permaculture skills, educating and sharing
- Bringing the outdoors in, helping keep a garden space inside to encourage new volunteers, run activities and events, be part of the growing trails, create walks & maps, build a firepit & pizza over, run wild food activities and wood craft events, expand into Purdown….. whatever we want and can do together!
Come and join us every 2nd Saturday of the month (and inbetween those days too if you have something you’d like to get on with!) – There’s plenty to do, plenty of space, and plenty of options for you to work with others or just get stuck in.
Tea, coffee, refreshments & friendly smiles provided to all volunteers 🙂